I have blogged about making
artisan bread and the
cost of each loaf. No more library waiting time, no more floury notes-I used my Borders 40% coupon and the book is mine! Mwah hahaha! Having book in hand, I upped my game and made bread bowls to serve chili. Oh, what a tasty treat! I got so stuffed that the bottom of my bowl was left uneaten. Phoebe loved the insides. Mike was happy to have me so happy over bread. Tim was visiting and he ate the entire thing! I will take that compliment, thank you very much!
Phoebe and I made four loaves from a batch of Boule basic. You can see the shaped loaves, my opened book, stash of Girl Scout cookies (do you need any? Let me know!), and the lid to my container. I wrote the basic recipe on the lid so I wouldn't have to keep referencing the book. Currently, a very, VERY messy corner. I will have to do
something with all those cords.

You can see my chili setup along with my yeast that I keep in the freezer in a vacuum bag.

Finished loves! I just cut the tops off, cut a circular shape out, used a large serving fork to loosed the inside bread without mashing it, and filled with chili.


This was so good and easy. It did take some scheduling, but the results were dynamite!
When you visit, let me know if you want some tasty goodness in bread!
2 comments:
So easy...why didn't I think of that? :) Thanks for the instruction and photos - I recognize that little spoon in the last pic. We *heart* I.kea.
Being 2 hours away from Ikea is about the best thing for us. Not too close to go crazy, yet far enough away that we are reasonable.
You can tell that bowl is Phoebe's with her cute spoon.
Post a Comment