
So, the crochet bug got a hold of me while doing the rag rug. I got a crochet kit at the 1/2 $Books and it included all the necessary items to make this cute kimono crochet jacket for Renée. We have gotten a chance to use it since the weather turned chilly while Dad and Karen were here. It fits her just right. It won't fit for long the way she is growing, though!
With all the computer work I do, I had forgotten how enjoyable it is to really create from strands something so stout. I have been sewing and all, but tatting, knitting, and crochet offer a wonderful satisfaction since a fabric is created. If I could ever get my hands on a loom, I am sure I would absolutely love it!
In my youth, I got to spin my own yarn to finger knit from Aunt Melba. I vividly remember doing it and the pleasure I felt.

I wanted this project to reflect the sensation I had while making it. I took extra time blocking it out and it really made the final result something of which I am proud.
1 comment:
It turned out beautifully. How sweet.
Post a Comment