Friday, January 23, 2009

librarian for a day and a joke


Today I was librarian at my school. I got to read to little kids and check out people's books. I was librarian for the day because I earned 250 AR points. AR stands for accelerated reader. To earn points, I had to read certain books that had a star on them or were on the AR list. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series and Boxcar Children series.

I also made this joke while we were driving around town: Why is the crosswalk hand always red? Leave your answer in the comments. I will tell the answer the next time I blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hand is red because it's always there and it got sunburned. I'm so glad you got to be a librarian. That must have been a lot of fun. I'm very proud of you. 250 AR points. Wow! And the year isn't even over yet. Good job! Nana

Unknown said...

I bet you made a terrific librarian.
You are such a good reader I know the little kids enjoyed having you read to them.
I don't know why the hand is always red but can't wait for you to post again.
Love you
Lots a' lots,
MoMo
Thank you for letting me have your bed for the weekend.

Unknown said...

Phoebe - I am so proud of you. I love your ability to read and digest what you've read. I'm not sure why the hand is red - maybe red-stop, green-go. But I'm not sure. I'll depend on you to keep me updated on this situation!

Love -Auntie No No