Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mangosteen Reloaded

In an effort to utilize existing, unused material and save money, I made 5 fitted cloth diapers. I put off making my own because I didn't want to make different sizes and needed a simple pattern that was forgiving. I found it at Cloth Diaper Sewing. One would think this would have been an easy find on the net, but there are tons on cloth diaper options out there!


There is one diaper folded up for Renée, one opened to showcase the inner green fabulousness, and a microfiber soaker covered in flannel (thanks Mom!)
I found a pattern/kit for a cool looking pocket diaper using microfiber towels. Mom got me my first bunch at Family Dollar in a pack of 4 for $3. Costco has 36 for $17. I am excited for a diaper that uses them without sewing! Don't ever cut a microfiber cloth unless you have to as it is one heck of a mess!

2 comments:

grammawood said...

Stacy, I'm glad to see that there is still someone else on this planet that appreciates cloth diapers! And yours (or should I say Renee's)are so chic.

Stacy said...

Cloth diapers are awesome! Phoebe was in cloth using Dappi diapers and I fell in love. No pins required.
Now, I am able to get a bit more fancy with them.