I have to sing the praises of witch hazel. What new mom doesn't use the stuff? I am expanding that repertoire with toner. I have made my own toner. Thank goodness I had the sense to only make a small batch to see how it fairs. It works, but is a bit on the harsh side. It might be because I put all the rest of my commercial toner with it in order to not be wasteful. My next batch will be better and I am thinking I will include some tea tree, lavender, sweet almond oil, vitamin e oil, and castor oil. I know, a toner with oils? Well, not too much but enough so the witch hazel isn't so drying. Do you have any ideas?
My previous post about lotions included the idea for adding vaporub. Today was the day!
Renée woke up with a touch of congestion (she is fine, just that rattly sound in the back of her throat from drainage). I don't have any baby vapo and decided it was time to make my own! Starting with the ratio of 2 parts lotion, 2 parts vitamin e, and 1 part jelly consistency stuff, I made Renée a soft mentho-rub. It is perfect and I loved that I controlled the vapo strength. Here's what I ended up with:
1 tsp lotion
1 tsp vitamin e
1/4 tsp vaporub
some squirts of sweet almond oil
I am housing the concoction in the Tucks container sent home with us from the hospital. Now, to enjoy the the sweetness of a metho smelling baby. Ahhh.


No comments:
Post a Comment