There are wind farms around us and we see them whenever we head west. At night, the little red lights on the top of them blink in and out because of the spinning arms. It is cool, very Quixote-esque.
It is weird to see the pieces to build them on trucks. They are huge! Absolutely gargantuan! A traffic light is the size of a person, but you wouldn't think it to see them at every intersection. Perspective throws the real size off. Same with business signs. When you see one being erected next to the interstate and it is larger than a 18-wheeler, you know that is one bad boy. The arms for wind turbines are massive. It warms my heart to see them being trucked down the interstate. "That is one cool truck driver," is what I think when I see them.
Currently, I pay a nominal fee to our electric company encouraging wind generated electricity. What would be better? The actual turbine on my property.
See, I have this dream of one day having a Tiny House. What I would implement into my house would be:
solar chimney
grey water system
handwash toilet top
half flush
solar array/wind turbine
premier tub
Granted, some of these items are probably not be needed for a tiny house, but they are cool. That Premier Tub is awesome. I don't think I need a broken hip to use that in my house. It is the bomb! I could be like the captain of the ship in Hitchhikers that stays in his tub and commands. That tub would be in the center of the house and I would command my minions (at least, the ones I think are there).
Add to all of this a biodiesel rig. Awesome! Imagine the fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
There could be no better investment in America than to invest in America becoming energy independent! We need to utilize everything in out power to reduce our dependence on foreign oil including using our own natural resources. Create cheap clean energy, new badly needed green jobs and reduce our dependence on foreign oil.The high cost of fuel this past year seriously damaged our economy and society. The cost of fuel effects every facet of consumer goods from production to shipping costs. It costs the equivalent of 60 cents per gallon to charge and drive an electric car. If all gasoline cars, trucks, and SUV's instead had plug-in electric drive trains the amount of electricity needed to replace gasoline is about equal to the estimated wind energy potential of the state of North Dakota.We have so much available to us such as wind and solar. Let's spend some of those bail out billions and get busy harnessing this energy. Create cheap clean energy, badly needed new jobs and reduce our dependence on foreign oil. What a win-win situation that would be for our nation at large! I just read a really good new book out by Jeff Wilson called The Manhattan Project of 2009 Energy Independence Now. http://www.themanhattanprojectof2009.com Investing in energy independence would positively impact our economy and futures.
Post a Comment