Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Diaper Hunt

The Great Diaper Hunt begins!
WHAT?!?
Yes, there is an internet scavenger hunt amongst cloth diapering businesses called the Great Diaper Hunt (think of some booming voice). You sign up, get a list of participating businesses, search their sites, find cool cloth and sewing accessories, locate the owl icon, submit your find and hopefully win BIG!
It is a promotion for cloth diapering. Here is my promotion: I love my cloth diapers. I still need a few more accessories to go 100% cloth as I put a disposable on her when we are out and about (go ahead, wag your finger). Mainly, some killer bamboo or hemp terry. I hear the stuff absorbs!
So, good luck in your hunt. Hey, if you don't have a child in cloth diapers, you can still win! There are always little artichokes that need 'em.

1 comment:

Jeff9 said...

The best way to clean cloth diapers is to pre-rinse them off in the toilet using a Hand Bathroom Bidet Sprayer. So convenient and if you are trying to help the environment (and your pocket book) you can give it a double whammy by virtually eliminating toilet paper use at the same time as you benefit from using it on the diapers, by using it on yourself. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off" Available at www.bathroomsprayers.com they come in an inexpensive kit and can be installed without a plumber. And after using one of these you won't know how you lasted all those years with wadded up handfuls of toilet paper. Now we're talking green and helping the environment without any pain.