

Well, this is just about the crappiest dilemma. If you are unaware, Nalgene bottles are being replaced with new BPA free ones. Mine, of course, isn't BPA-free. I loved my BPA-ridden Nalgene pink plastic water bottle because I could easily track my water intake (too bad it also didn't track the hormone altering count). I drank 96 oz of water a day and I remembered to take my daily pills. Sigh, I miss my large capacity drink container.
I have found two products that I like. If they were to mate and make an offspring, I would fall in love with the water bottle product. First is the Thermos Foogo. Second is the Nalgene Standard Stainless (not available until Jan 1, 2009-geez! 2 days to go!)
Let's view each products virtues and drawbacks. First, the Thermos Foogo:
GOOD: it is a double walled, stainless steel container and can keep breastmilk cold. Come on! It is a Thermos! Always been a great product. "All competitor products reached room temperature (70°F) in less than four hours, while the Foogo by Thermos products only reached room temperature in 16 hours" is a statement from a Cornell study. And come on, the name is fantasic-Foogo! You drink the contents through a silicon straw and the lid closes down and covers the straw. Funk doesn't get on where you drink. BAD: only 12 oz. I finish off the Foogo in one gulp.
Next, the Nalgene Stainless Standard:
GOOD: it is large capacity 38 oz container with a wide mouth. It is black and stainlesss-classic. While I like the Foogo fun colors and the pink of my recycled Nalgene, the basic coolness of flat metal speaks to my inner metal-loving soul. BAD: it is only single walled.
So, if these two products mated, I would get a stainless steel, double walled, silicon straw (1 cm diameter), and a top that covered the straw. I want the Nalgene stainless, but almost 30 bucks is a steep investment. Phoebe has a Foogo and is all over it. Renée will get the Foogo sippy when it is her time.
Check out the Nalgene outdoor site for information.
EDIT: Found what I want! Thermos 18 oz hydration line up. My purse has a bottle holding pocket I have never used. This should fit in it.


No comments:
Post a Comment