Wednesday, October 15, 2008

soft circuits

Don't think that I have time on my hands. You know me! My mind is always cruising along and I need to be thinking about something. That being said, while my bread rises: It really bothers me when I don't understand something. One such concept has been electricity and circuitry. I have been tinkering with project ideas from this book Fashioning Technology. While I took physics in college, the true-life application slipped me by. No longer! I shall understand a circuit through embroidery if it kills me!
What has so-far been accomplished? I have (successfully) used Ohm's Law to figure out how many resistors to use for a circuit. That circuit completed and I didn't burn out my LED. Now I know that I really want some cool conductive thread.
Ideas abound for this: purses with lights, little decorations, the crawfish family pot wall hanging, etc. As I complete them, you'll see 'em.
I also realize that sometimes my blog writings aren't getting across what I mean. I am working on that. To better understand what the heck a soft circuit is and what it looks like, check out this cute frog embroidery.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

my brain is soft, mushy, and stale without you around.

I hope that never describes your artisan bread ;)

Stacy said...

Gosh, you make me laugh out loud. Phoebe shushed me! I miss you as well.

I think I need to embroider a little doohickey that says: May your bread never to soft, mushy, or stale. Maybe with a little blink of the loaf.