Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Quilt Be Done!!!

I finished the Mommy Monster quilt. It is so nice to have completed this project. Quilting it on the frame by hand, embroidering Phoebe's childhood drawing, and finding the fun fabrics made it so fulfilling. This is the first quilt I have made and completed all on my own.
Many of the fabrics are Michael Miller. They were in a scrap bag! All of it except the backing, batting, and binding for $5.95. How totally cool is that!?!
Mike helped me buy the wood to make a quilt frame. It made all the difference for it. I do have other projects that need the frame, so this little quilt wasn't the only factor for making the frame.
I quilted ladybugs in the squares around the monster and they are an added cuteness.
Now, the drawing Phoebe did when she was 4 and it has many components that reflect how she viewed me at that age. While I must admit being personified as a monster isn't that fabulous, I must note that she was doing a lot of monsters and they were all nice monsters. This Mommy Monster has 4 ears because Mommy hears everything; 12 toes because she moves so fast; a big brain on her forehead because she is so smart; and 3 eyes because she sees everything. I don't know what to say about the teeth. Maybe I eat a mean ear of corn.

2 comments:

Brooke Davis said...

The quilt looks great. You did a marvelous job!

Melissa said...

A very nice heirloom that Phobe will laugh at when she is a mommy! Congrats!