What a whirlwind of fun!
Lori and her girls came to visit and we had a blast. She even introduced me to a new restaurant on the riverwalk downtown that won't break our bank: Casa Rio. I enjoyed my flour tacos and the guacamole was as it should be. Phoebe ordered tamales and they just weren't up to snuff. She started out with the first few bites enjoying them, but then told me they weren't like she wanted. I ate some and they were dry and bland. Come on! Tamale meat should be flavorful to combat the masa!
I hadn't been a big fan of the boat ride on the river, but I have changed my mind. Nothing like visitors to open your eyes to what is around! Next time we are taking in an IMAX or movie so we can get validation.
The girls were so much fun! We made I-spy bags. They picked out a thread color to embroider their names, made so many Perler bead things that there is finally a dent in the 11,000 bottle of beads, and entertained Renée. Phoebe was a marvel with them! She was so gracious and loving. It is a joy to see our children at their best and demonstrate such good qualities.
Their trip was short, but we are going to see them this summer! Perler Bead Action part deux coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment