I have been taking the literary braille transcription course for certification. It is very interesting and combines so much of what I enjoy. Braille is somewhat like a puzzle, cryptogram, and logic problem. Texts that need graphics are what caught my eye initially as I can see a future working with tactile graphics and simplifying my process.
The course is 20 lessons with the 20th lesson actually being a 35-page manuscript that can have no more than 5 errors. It has to be perfect. I am more than half-way through the course and am beginning to think about what I am going to transcribe. Other transcribers have recommended I do something I would want to read over and over and over. So, I am torn. Do I do something that I love that I might hate when it is done, or do I do something mundane so I don't hate something I love?
I love Dune. Could I finally be cured of my Dune fascination?
Cayce in Pattern Recognition is fantastic. I don't want to relegate her to overkill.
Hitchhikers Guide-any one of them might make me loopy with all the dry humor.
Possibilities exist in Breaking Dawn, but that Jacob Black is annoying! Maybe the part when she crumbles granite.
Suggestions? Comments? Help & Assistance?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment