Tuesday, June 22, 2010

best breakfast

Renée and I enjoyed a delicious breakfast from the garden this morning. Our yellow plum tomatoes are coming in small batches. Paired with a few fresh basil leaves and they were yummy. Picking the yellow ones wasn't enough for her, so she proceeded to go behind my back fast as a flash and get a few green ones from other plants. I'll be surprised if we have any red ones to enjoy as quick as she is! Each green tomato has a cute little baby bite out of it. How she ate it is beyond me.
The yellow plum is covered in horn worms. Many of them have wasps emerging from cocoons so I left them, but the largest worm of the season was picked off to find his way amongst the sunflowers in the ditch. Where's Grant when you need him? :-)

No comments: