Okay, this might not pertain to dictionaries, but lexicographic is a fun word all on its own!
The latest great app for my phone is Dictation. It is there along with Dragon Naturally Speaking which is a great computer program. Dictation does a great job, but as with all voice recognition programs, falls short on some things. Tonight, it fell short with Worcestershire Sauce writing out instead "work worse this year sauce." It was a tasty meatloaf and proved that I didn't work worse this year with that sauce.
Long ago, I had a wholesale scrapbooking business and I mainly dealt in eyelets. I thought myself quite the linguist with my two lines: Theme Addict (thematic) and Assorted Affair (a sordid affair). Those lines might come back again for another business. Wait and see!
Some other funnies that I have been stock piling from Phoebe & I. Actually, I can only take credit for the first one, the rest are hers:
care o' scene (kerosene)
sword of (sort of)
insect aside (insecticide)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment