Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Nursing unmentionable alteration

I hate bra shopping!
Absolutely hate it!
I hate it so much that if you need a bra, I will go shopping with you just so you don't have to hate it so much. Go with me and you will never have to leave the dressing room. I will hunt through racks to find exactly what you need. For myself, though, it is an outing in futility.
There was a parody song made about my bra shopping experience once: "I like big cups and I cannot lie..." Well, I can lie, they suck! I also have lost enough weight in the last 2 years that trying to find my size band with my cup is futile! "Shopping is futile," said the Borg Queen. Sure she did, she wasn't nursing and her outfit had built in support.
That being said, even conventional nursing bras are hard to come by. That is why I altered my existing non-underwire underwear. I got some swim suit bra hooks at Hancocks and sewed them on! I also picked up some extender that attaches to the hooks in the back. I can really adjust for whatever my water retention is for that day. Plus, it gives me plenty of play to fight fat back.
Best part: cost me $1.19!

No comments: