Sunday, March 01, 2009

beady floral decor

I am not a big home decorator. I just can't picture the way I want things permanently and am afraid to install or spend money on anything that won't fit the ultimate bill. Plus, the thought of having to fill in holes from hanging stuff on the walls makes me cringe. Just my quirk, I guess, and I am getting over it!
The hole in the kitchen ceiling was repaired by my dad and I. That was a major accomplishment. I bring this up only to demonstrate that I will have a hole in my ceiling forever, but cringe about a nail hole! Seriously, I am getting over it.
So getting over it, I put in matching hangers in the kitchen. One holds Momo's pot and the other holds a flower arrangment glass thingy from our wedding.
I have been changing out the flowers for the seasons. The leaves stay the same. It looks cuter each time I do it. Michaels had 40% off some seasonal decor and I picked up $3 worth of beady-type floral things.
That $3 worth was too much for the kitchen so Phoebe crafted up her own arrangement to put in her room! It was so much fun because we hadn't crafted together like that in so long. She is a busy girl with school, chess club, Girl Scouts, and earning all her AR points. She needs less than 150 points to make it to 500 for this year. She made the goal herself to get to 500 and has dedicated herself to accomplishing it. I can't wait for her to hit her goal!

No comments: